Doctors Promoting Alcohol Awareness
A Non-profit Organization
- Promote public awareness of adverse health effects from alcohol abuse.
- Improve warning labels on all alcoholic beverages.
- Encourage alcohol producers to disclose potential adverse health effects when advertising their products.
- Promote a ban on the advertising of alcoholic products on television and radio.
ALCOHOL ADDICTION: America's #1 drug problem!
ALCOHOL ABUSE: one of the leading causes of death and injury in young adults.
"approximately 75,766 alcohol-attributable deaths" in 2001. MMWR 2004;53:866-870.
"the leading causes of death in 2000 were tobacco, poor diet and physical inactivity, and alcohol consumption (85,000 deaths)". JAMA 2004; 291:1238-45.
Zero - 1 - 2 - 3
If you choose to drink alcohol, be responsible.
Zero alcohol for individuals with alcoholism
1 - No more than one drink* per hour
2 - No more than two times per week
3 - No more than three drinks per day
* one beer, one glass of wine or one mixed drink